Saturday 4 September 2010

Beaches :)

I have to blog about this because I have been feeling on a high ever since it happened. On bank holiday Monday my parents told me they wanted me to try and go out somewhere so I agreed I said I would try but I wasn't promising anything, I picked the beach because I used to go there all the time when I was little so whenever I visit there I have so many fond memories its almost impossible for me to dwell on my fear of being outside.


We went to Roker a quiet beach about 15 minutes from where I live, in the car on the way there I felt quite anxious and uptight but whenever I got scared my Mum and Dad would assure me and I just listened to my iPod. When we got to the beach I totally surprised myself and my parents by getting out of the car and walking along the seafront with my dad to buy us something to eat and drink, I even got up the guts to talk to a couple of complete strangers who were walking their dog, we sat in the car and ate our hotdogs then I decided I wanted to visit the arcade, We went inside and my dad gave me some money to try and win a Teddy bear I probably wasn't inside for very long but to me it felt like a life time I asked my parents if we could leave as I could feel myself getting a little worked up.


My trip to the beach has left me feeling very positive and I just hope that there will be many more times and that one day I will recover from my agoraphobia again :)


Emma
xx
x

No comments:

Post a Comment