Saturday 21 August 2010

Anxiety Update

Today has been pretty good I've felt a little on edge a few times, but tonight I felt anxious for about 3 hours I kept fighting the anxiety hoping it would pass but surprise surprise it didn't I have just gotten into bed and a pretty sever panic attack hit me. Its kind of confusing because they come from nowhere which I guess is part of my panic disorder but its frustrating because if I don't know why I am having one I find it hard to calm myself down.

Anyway I got all in a frenzy hyperventilating and crying but my dad did some simple breathing exercises with me, he got me a drink and my favourite DVD and I am starting to return to normal although I still feel a little on edge and shaken up.

I have noticed a link between drinking coke and panic attacks I read somewhere that its common for caffeine to have this effect but I will blog about that a bit later on I think it is safe to say that after tonight Diet Coke is a big no go for me!

I am feeling exhausted and mentally drained after that but I just wanted to write a quick blog update while I am in this state of mind.

Emma
xx
x

1 comment:

  1. Caffeine does have that effect and even worst is the sweetener in Diet Coke. I would stay off Coke altogether and even coffee which both contain high levels of caffeine, with Coke the highest. I drink tea which has a lower caffeine level and chocolate, which is good for relaxing, has the lowest caffeine content. In order of decreasing caffeine, Coke > Coffee > Tea > Chocolate.

    http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database

    ReplyDelete