Saturday 9 October 2010

Another successful day :)

Well I have been out again today I woke up this morning feeling ready to go! My Mum and Dad haven't been too well lately my Dad has a chest infection and my Mum has a really bad cold I don't think they would have gone out if I hadn't of asked so I am really grateful especially how they kept smiling and cheerful all day when I could tell they were really ill, so Mum, Dad if you read this I love you and thanks for supporting me :)


Okay so that's the soppy stuff out the way I know you all want to know how it went for me so I am going to tell you. We got in the car to go to Currys for those of you that don't know what that is its this kind of big store that sells all kinds of appliances, from laptops to cookers it sells a lot of pretty cool stuff. I had decided I wanted to go there because I can't afford a laptop at the moment but I had heard you can get them on credit which is ideal for me making small monthly repayments. There is no way I could live without my laptop it is my lifeline to the outside world on those days I can't get out and I have grown to love my Facebook group I care about every one of my members and I love reading your little comments on my page and hearing how you are all doing. So when I told my Mum and Dad this they thought it was best if they took me ASAP to get my laptop. 


I picked the laptop pretty much as soon as I got through the door I spotted it, it is quite girly which I like! So choosing what I wanted didn't take too long it was getting the credit check that took forever. I was really worried about this because I knew I would have to sit in the middle of this shop for however long it would take and that made me really nervous. My Mum gave me her car keys and told me if I needed to leave I could go at any point which helped a lot. My Mum and Dad took it in turns to sit beside me and the girl who served me was great she was very friendly which put me at ease. I was telling her about my course and my Facebook page and she thought it was a great idea.


Anyway there was a few technical difficulties so I was there a lot longer than I anticipated and my parents were really shocked by how chatty and laid back I was, I didn't break a sweat once or have my heart race it was fantastic. I never once thought I would be sat in the middle of a huge busy shop on a Saturday without batting an eyelid!


After we got the laptop sorted my Dad wanted to have a look at some DVDs so we drove to blockbuster which is on the other side of the water so it's quite a distance away from Currys I was nervous but thought I might aswell give it a go. I surprised myself further by going into Blockbuster and actually leaving my Dad to wander off on my own. We didn't buy anything and my Dad was starting to feel really sick from the antibiotics so we decided to head home, on the way we had to stop off at a little shop so my Dad could get some water he is really poorly at the moment and I worry about him! Luckily though he wasn't sick :) We decided instead of cooking we would get a McDonalds to celebrate how well today has went. So as we arrived at McDonalds I went off to the cash machine on my own to take out some money, it felt so good walking on my own with my head held high I didn't want to get back in the car!! lol


So today has been pretty successful I would say and I am so thankful to everyone who leaves me supportive and encouraging messages it really helps me and keeps me going.


Emma 
xx
x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma, that is really fantastic news and you have excelled yourself today. Remember, and say to yourself each day, 'Every day and in every way I am getting a little better':

    http://www.theemotionmachine.com/everyday-in-every-way-i-am-getting-better-and-better

    Best Wishes,

    Robert

    ReplyDelete