Monday 15 November 2010

Being Agoraphobic and independent

I just wanted to post a blog on this topic and I want to hear your feedback too! I have been thinking a lot lately about my agoraphobia and the main thing I hate about this illness is that I feel as though I am too reliant on others! 


For example yesterday night I was staying over at my Nana's house which is a huge step for me and I know I must be on the road to recovery as at the beginning of this year I would never have dreamt of spending a night anywhere other than my own house! Anyway some of you know I have been feeling a little under the weather lately and in the end I had to get my Mum to come pick me up at 11:00pm because I couldn't cope with being poorly at someone else's house. This left me feeling really emotional and embarrassed because I can't help but feel that at 19 I should be able to cope with these things and I shouldn't need my Mum to come and get me.


That is just one example of how I feel I have lost my independence, I feel like a baby sometimes and that I need to be looked after a lot. Does anyone else feel this way? Before I was agoraphobic I used to just get on with things, I even travelled to Scotland alone when I was 16 something I wouldn't dream of doing now! 


I was just wondering if it was common for people with Agoraphobia to feel a loss of independence and identity because I know I feel that way. Let me know and feel free to share any of your own thoughts or stories :)


Emma
xx
x

No comments:

Post a Comment